Friday, July 08, 2005

Danville or bust!

I decided on Danville, VA to begin my teaching career. They want me down there July 18th and I will start teaching Aug 1st. Sometime between now and then I need to get an apartment, clean out my apartment in BG and get my stuff from my parents house. I think it can be done...it will be a rough few weeks .

Danville is, I believe a good place to start. It is on the border between VA and NC, spends a lot of money on parks and recreation, has a low teacher to student ratio. It also I think has a lot of opportunity to start a life. They have a lot of unused buildings, which I think I could steal a page from Matt Bishop and start my own business on the side....I was thinking a Jazz Bar. :-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Pat! Good for you! It's looking like Matt and I might end up in Quantico, VA . VA seems to be the state to migrate to these days. Congrats again!

-Sarah W.

5:31 PM  
Blogger playfulinnc said...

Bless your heart! Danville may be a shock to you after living in DC. However, there is nearby Greensboro where I lived for 7 years-the downtown is thriving for a small town. Good luck!

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home