Sunday, June 05, 2005

In search of History, Beer and Breakfast

Saturday:

Visted Winchester and Bull Run Battlefields. Good times had by me and my cousin and his friend. Winchester seems to be a sleepy town, lots of quaint little shops scattered about. However, it is not without it's basics like a Wal-Mart (a supercenter to boot!) and a Papa Johns. I took a look at the housing market (God damn bubble) and I can not afford to buy a house, UNLESS I want to una-bomber stlye it up in a shack near/in the Application or Blue Ridge Mts. Apartments, on the other hand, are plenty and affordable.

Saturday Night:
Apparently, beer can be had out of a grocery mart behind 10pm. And I did not want to pay 5 dollars for a drink at a bar (at least not yet...). So I basically hung out with some of the people who live in the dorm. I also found a cup full of change sitting outside the entrence to the dorm...Hooray, I can do Laundry!!

Sunday Morning:
Apparently breakfast can not be had at 7pm, as nothing was open I walked a total of 10 blocks to find breakfast. It was not until I got back to the general vincity of my dorm that I tried Au Bon Pain. As luck would have it, ABP was open. After an exhaustive search of looking at the selection; I settled on an Apple Dutch Bagel, a Washington Apple (which is rapidly becoming, by default, my favorite apple) and a large cup of coffee. Total cost was 3.25. I think I found my new favorite breakfast spot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home